How long have you been thinking about LASIK? SIEHT Eye and Laser Center makes it easy to get the information you need to make an informed decision about laser vision correction.
The SIEHT Advantage:
- Your Comfort: SIEHT offers the only in-office laser suite in Fredericksburg. Our goals are to get you back to better vision and to make the entire process as comforting and convenient as possible. Feel at ease about your procedure by having the entire process – from start to finish – in the same building with the same experienced doctor who understands your personalized vision needs.
- Advanced Technology: SIEHT uses iLASIK technology, which is the most advanced in the industry. With iLASIK, exclusively in the Fredericksburg region at SIEHT, the Wavefront-guided technology produces a 3-D eye map and looks for optical imperfections that can affect the quality of your vision. This leading-edge technology delivers the most accurate LASIK results you can achieve.
- Experience: Combine our advanced technology with the unparalleled 20+ years experience of Thomas Falkenberg M.D., and your LASIK procedure at SIEHT will deliver your best possible vision.
- Affordable: We offer several finance options for your laser vision correction. You can get pre-approved through Wells Fargo Health Advantage. Contact us to learn about other options.
Are You a Candidate for Laser Vision Correction?
There are several ways to discover if LASIK is for you:
- Click to take a LASIK self-exam to see if you’re a candidate for laser vision correction
- Call (800-572-2722) or email our office and schedule an appointment with our LASIK Coordinator
SIEHT: Exceptional Experience. The Most Advanced Technology. Amazing Patient Care.
What to expect the day of surgery:
The day of surgery, you will arrive at SIEHT about an hour prior to your procedure. Once you have been checked in you may be offered a sedative to help you relax. You will then be prepared for surgery. The area around your eyes will be cleaned and a sterile drape may be applied around your eye. Anesthetic eye drops will be used to numb your eyes; no injections or needles will be used. When your eye is completely numb, an eyelid holder will be placed between your eyelids to keep you from blinking during the procedure.
Depending on which procedure you choose, either the epithelium will be removed (PRK) or a corneal flap will be created (Intralase). You will then be asked to look directly at a target light while the laser provides your customized treatment. The laser will already be programmed with the information gathered in your pre-operative exam from the Iris Registration. The laser treatment will be completed in less than a minute or two, depending on the amount of correction needed.
Following your procedure, your eye(s) will be examined with a slit lamp microscope. Your eyes may be shielded for protection. Your vision may be blurry or hazy for one to five days. You will experience some discomfort as the epithelium or corneal flap heals and covers the treated area. Eye drops, pain medication and possibly a protective contact lens can be used to minimize this discomfort. Most patients resume normal activities within one to three days. Vision can fluctuate for up to six months.